Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 68557BR Date posted 06/28/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places they never thought possible.
You can be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Are you someone who wants to take on an ownership role in an exciting new international launch?
Our Customer Support team is seeking an Entry Into Service (EIS) Manager. The EIS organization is tasked with all readiness activities for specific engine programs and for operators entering revenue service, and ensuring that processes, tools, and other resources are in place to support these tasks.
You'll report directly to the Associate Director, EIS and will be responsible for the overall readiness of the PW1200G program for the Mitsubishi Regional Jet. Your specific responsibilities will include development and execution of the Product Support Plan, coordination with all relevant organizations for task completion, Airframer integration and communication, and a variety of working level and executive reviews. You'd require exceptional social and interpersonal skills to meet the rigorous interaction with discipline leaders, executives, project managers and GTF partners. You'll use your validated program management skills, GTF product and working knowledge of the Commercial Engines Programs as well as your experience working with an international customer base.
This exciting, high visibility career opportunity involves about 40% of travel including Japan.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 10 years' experience or Master's Degree and a minimum of 7 years' experience
- 5 years' experience in program management, engineering, business or operations field is required
- Ideally, you will have 10+ years' equivalent experience within the aerospace industry
- Having GTF product knowledge is a plus
- We 're seeking someone disciplined who possesses the ability to manage multiple tasks and objectives
- It's a huge plus if you have coordinated and completed achievements that included identifying and understanding gaps, building action plans, and mitigating risk
- Your ability facilitate multi-functional teams utilizing strong problem solving, planning and project management skills would be ideal
- Having past accomplishments developing and executing program plans, tracking and reporting metrics, and reviewing progress with partners and executives would be desirable
- If you've had experience with the CE programs and supporting organizations, including Customer Technical Solutions, Technical Publications, Spares, and Global Services Engineering it would be useful
- Knowledge of and interaction with the Integrated Program Management Team structure
- Having a passion to work with teams involving business culture diversity
- We'd expect you to have strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Visio and SharePoint
- Highly effective communication and influencing skills with customers and internal teams outside of a direct reporting structure
- A demonstrated capability working across multiple groups bringing consensus and finding solutions for urgent and critical issues
- Your strength in developing and maintaining positive long-term business relationships
- A great teammate that delights customers, contributes to process improvement efforts and performs well under pressure
Do you see yourself owning this program? Come join us.
Education: Bachelor's degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.