APSI CM is looking for a talented Senior Project Manager to provide federal design and construction of a project in the Baltimore area. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the daily management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of medium to large construction projects, or specialized portions of multiple projects, to meet time and cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding and contract administration. Leverages advanced technical expertise to manage complex aspects of the project and is accountable for the resolution of issues requiring the application of specialized knowledge in high risk trades.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions, Duties and Responsibilities of a Sr. Project Manager position include, but are not limited to, the following job duties:
- Provide Project Management and Construction Management support for our federal government client for design and construction projects.
- Utilize construction management systems and methodologies as defined by the company.
- Be ultimately responsible for the timeliness, completeness, quality, and cost of projects from concept through completion.
- Responsible for establishing a positive and effective relationship with key contacts to develop or expand the company’s business and to ensure, the delivery of quality workmanship and excellence in customer service.
- Manage and ensure Architects, Contractors, Subcontractors, Construction Managers, and administrative staff supporting the project are completely fulfilling all aspects of their responsibilities.
- Supervise and manage all contract requirements including, but not limited to, submittals, application for payments, schedules, budgets, notifications, reports, etc.
- Update senior management regularly on the project, financial status, and perceived level of satisfaction.
- Ensure that all projects under the position’s direction are administered in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, including those related to insurance, safety, labor relations, EEOC, etc.
- Attend or chair business meetings representing the company at or hosted by a government agency in which professional business attire is required.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (payment applications, budget, fee payment, change orders, rental equipment, invoices, income /expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interests while maintaining a good relationship with client.
- Manage the closeout process, which includes commissioning, as-built drawings, punch lists, O&M, warranties, subcontract closeout, local bond releases, final inspections, and occupancy.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- The Senior Project Manager must have experience in the management of design and construction contracts, submittal reviews, schedule reviews, fire alarm/ sprinkler systems, mechanical/ electrical systems, civil / façade projects and space renovations.
- This person must have experience managing not only individual projects but a program of design and construction projects.
- Resume must demonstrate extensive Project Management experience.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in various phases with an understanding of various project delivery methods.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contract documents, blueprints, specifications, engineering reports, safety rules and regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- A demonstrated commitment to exceeding expectations in the delivery of safe, quality, cost efficient and timely service.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to face challenging situations, view from a variety of different angles; assess strength of options, select and implement the best solutions.
- Ability to think on your feet, making effective decisions on a timely basis, sometimes with limited information.
- Working knowledge of contract, federal, and municipal law as it relates to construction projects.
- Competency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project), Prolog Project Management, E-Builder, ePM, Newforma, Procore, Bluebeam.
- Outstanding written, verbal, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance required per contract.