The Senior Project Manager provides strategic project management for multiple highway/heavy construction projects typically in excess of $20M. The position is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of complex construction projects.
NYC area heavy civil general contractor
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, and training to ensure ongoing successful performance improvement of personnel; as well as evaluating employee job performance.
- Select subcontractors and vendors, prepare project schedules, determine project staffing needs, set up budgets, determine potential liability claims for projects and develop project specific safety plans.
- Coordinate construction phases to prevent delays and resolve conflicts.
- Ensure work is performed to specification, on schedule, within budget. Ensure job cost reports and pay estimates are accurate and timely.
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor payments; negotiate and process extra work claims, change orders, and supplemental agreements and value engineering concepts.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, safety and quality standards and regulations.
- Ensure that all project close-out requirements are met in a timely fashion; evaluate results.
- 4 year Civil Engineering/Construction Management degree or equivalent combination in technical training and experience
- Minimum 10 years project management experience or demonstrated senior level competencies
- Heavy Highway Construction industry experience preferred
- Design Build experience preferred
- Alternative procurement experience, including writing proposals
Excellent salary and benefits package