A very large prestigious international organization is looking for a seasoned Project Manager to join its Project Office Section to provide project management services to facilitate the execution of projects that are either internal or externally done to provide service to its partners.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects/programs and for providing Project advisory services the organization and global partners. The PM will ensure that the objectives of the projects are attained within the stated timeframe and foreseen budget. The PM will more specifically:
- Create and maintain a Project Plan that accurately reflects time entries and progress to milestones
- Proactively manage project changes, issues and risk. Maintain daily, issue and risk logs. Create Issue reports and Exception plans for escalation and approval by Project Board
- Manage project resources against work package agreements and track project costs throughout project and during project financial closure process
- Create and maintain project management documents throughout the life-cycle of the project from Start Up to Closure adhering to project cost tiers and internal mandated documents charts
- Manage project communications as per a project based Communication plan that tailors meetings, documents and distribution based on project needs and internal mandates
- Execute a proper Project Closure, including transition to operation, and highlighting lessons learned.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of Project Management and Project Management tools.
- Manage Program of projects associated with partners/within the international organization.
- Identify training needs and organize training workshops and/or meetings for the team members as appropriate.
Performs other duties as required.
• Communicating in a credible and effective way: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
• Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
• Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes innovative approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
• Fostering integration and teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
Ensuring the effective use of resources: Identifies priorities in accordance with the organization’s strategic directions. Develops and implements action plans, organizes the necessary resources and monitors outcomes.
- At least 10 years of IT work experience and solid knowledge of Project / Program management practices;
- Demonstrated capability of independently managing complex IT projects. (At least 5 Years)
- Expert Knowledge of incident and risk management.
- Expert Knowledge of managing budgets.
- Excellent communication / customer service skills, good interpersonal skills and influencing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Good working knowledge of managing projects in either or all the streams below:
- Agile Application Development / Dev-Ops Project Managemt
- Facilities/Infrastructure, ERP Applications and Hosting services
- Cloud Services development/Deployment
- Office 365 and Exchange Messaging Services
- Digital Product Development
- Knowledge of collaborative project management tools.
- Knowledge of Change Management
- Knowledge of Service management best practices such as ITIL
- Knowledge of managing and / or working with multi-cultural virtual and remote teams.
- Certification in Program Management
- Ten (10) years or more of progressively responsible professional experience in information technology and/or related area, including at least five years (5) working in project management.
- Experience in medium/complex size projects
- Experience in managing / working in large programs;
- Experience in producing technical documentation including user requirement documents, proposals in response to project requirements Experience in drafting processes and procedures documentation.
- Experience in working with Microsoft office tools and Microsoft Project.
• Certification in Project Management Framework (PRINCE2/PMP)
• University degree (Bachelor’s degree) or equivalent experience in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field.