Senior Property Accountant
A fully-integrated Atlanta-based multifamily real estate investment and property management company is now looking for a Senior Property Accountant for its Atlanta office. Ideal candidate should be a CPA with 2+ years of full cycle month end experience for multiple entities, as well as bank and balance reconciliations, variance analyses, and financial reporting experience. Property acquisition underwriting experience is highly preferred.
Applies generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general and standard journal entries, assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for management
- Compiles and analyzes financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports, and makes appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures.
- Reviews budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
- Performs bank reconciliations and wire transfers for deposit, makes mortgage payments and distributions, and ensures accuracy.
- Maintains and coordinates accounting control procedures by analyzing revenue and expenditure trends and recommending appropriate budget levels to ensure expenditure control.
- Analyzes and reviews accounting and financial resources for property acquisitions, dispositions, and closings and budgets and expenditures for local, state, federal, private funding, contracts, grants, and other corporate financial and accounting transactions.
- Acts as liaison to internal and external auditors by explaining journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Communicates with on-site and other property managers to assist in completing pre-close and close activities, answer questions, provide support, and ensure timely completion of accounting processes for on-time client and Company reporting.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related fields.
- CPA and 2+ years’ finance experience in multi-family real estate industry is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Full cycle month end experience for multiple entities, including balance sheet recons.
- Bank statement reconciliations experience
- Budget vs. actual variance analysis with explanations experience
- Strong Excel - including vlookups and pivot tables
- A combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the application and usage of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to board members, senior managers, staff, and internal and external auditors.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an accounting and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- High proficiency with Yardi system applications is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- The Company offers competitive pay and benefits as well as opportunity for advancement.