Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciles general ledger accounts, creates journal entries, and performs month-end close duties.
- Reviews and analyzes general ledger accounts and profit and loss statement to prepare required accruals or reclassifications.
- Reconciles general ledger information to the accounts receivable and accounts payable processes by reconciling accounts to client and vendor billings.
- Works regularly with transactional detail to resolve discrepancies and make corrections.
- Assist other team members with generating financial reports, research activities, and resolving discrepancies.
- Communicates with internal and external parties to discuss account statuses, charges, or discrepancies.
- Prepares audit schedules and assists with audit questions.
- Maintains established system of internal controls and suggests improvements to processes.
- Answers routine questions from internal and external clients.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data and issues.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in accounting or finance from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- Hi-Rise residential experience, required.
- OneSite experience, required.
- Experience with accounting software, preferably MRI, but not required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of transactions while maintaining attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to analyze account activity
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, required.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer and word processing software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. May occasionally be required to lift up to 10 pounds a distance of 30 feet as needed. Must be able to move freely throughout the location, including moving up and down stairs. Must be able to sit for up to 50% of the work day.
The job tasks are performed in an office environment with moderate environmental conditions present, such as temperature, noise levels, etc. May occasionally be exposed to machine noise and inclement weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- 3 year(s): Property Accounting Experience
- Bachelors or better in Finance
- Bachelors or better in Accounting