Position Title: Senior QC Lab Inspector
Reports To: QC Supervisor/Manager
Department: Quality Control
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Halkey-Roberts Corp., located in St. Petersburg, FL and has been providing original equipment manufacturers with innovative, cost efficient, quality components for over sixty years. We design, manufacture and sell medical, inflation, and pressure relief products for the commercial, aviation, transportation, military and medical industries. Halkey-Roberts is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Atrion Corporation. We are committed to total customer satisfaction. That commitment is reflected in the quality of our products and the innovations we have introduced over the past six decades.
We are currently seeking a Senior Quality Control Lab Inspector for our St. Petersburg, FL operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform first shot inspections, first article inspections on molded and purchased products, in-process and final inspections on a variety of products, and rework inspections.
- Perform tasks for special assignments.
- Prepare and complete necessary forms and SPC charts as required.
- Back-up for receiving or floor inspection (specific SOP training will apply).
- Follow inspection procedures and use calibrated equipment to ensure proper execution of inspection.
- Perform required tasks noted on Molding Sample Requests, Engineering Sample Requests and Mold Acceptance Tests.
- Documentation of inspection data using Good Documentation Practices.
- Ensure proper segregation and identification of nonconforming product.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Technical Degree (plastics, engineering, etc.) or equivalent line inspector experience
- Extensive background in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Extensive backgroundin the operation ofOGP and/or CMM Measuring Equipment
- Ability to utilize measuring & laboratory test equipment
- Ability to accurately input data on charts and computers
- Excellent communication skills
Revised: 4/9/18 DM