About the Company
Performance Controls, Inc. (PCI) AccSys Division is an integrated design and manufacturing company specializing in the development, production, installation and servicing of ion linear accelerator (LINAC) systems using the radiofrequency quadrupole (RFQ) LINAC and drift-tube LINAC (DTL). Our mission is to build on our history of product excellence and technology innovation to provide the highest-quality and most reliable products and services to our world-wide customers in medicine, industry and research. To learn more about us, our products, and our applications, please visit our website: www.accsys.com
We are a growing company driven by challenging applications, world class engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. We are looking for quality people who want to make a difference.
Performance Controls, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Specifies, designs, documents, and troubleshoot complex electronic and control systems for linear particle accelerators that meet customer project requirements from research and development through engineering, production, and factory testing in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Performs varied and complex analysis, design, programming and modification of software for control applications and engineering. Supports installation, start-up, operations, servicing and modification of delivered systems as necessary to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction. Electronic systems include power supplies, instrumentation and control, data acquisition, RF power, high voltage, and other related electronics functions, devices, and systems.
Designs & conducts proof of principle experiments for verifying and validating as well as advancing LINAC products
Leads or supports product development and design review to improve performance, increase reliability, enhance quality, manufacturability, and serviceability, including assessment of feedback from customers and operating experience about product problems, weaknesses, etc.
Participates in designing electronic circuits and systems including analog, digital, RF and High Voltage for linear particle accelerator systems. Oversees and supports planning of prototype fabrication, assembly, and testing of such electronic systems.
Develops documentation and procedures for design & testing.
Problem solves by the application of sound electronic knowledge and experience with consistent troubleshooting methods and procedures.
Implements effective corrective actions for timely resolution of production and field issues.
Ensures that all products meet quality standards and customer performance specifications via design reviews, in-process inspections, functional and performance tests, etc
Problem solving by the application of sound, broad based engineering knowledge
Provides work leadership and technical training to lower level technical personnel.
Communicates with customers and suppliers.
Supports installation, start-up, operations, servicing (routine and emergency), and modification of delivered systems as necessary to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction. Occasional travel to customer sites by airplane, train or automobile for customer service to support such activities.
· Experience in designing and conducting proof of concept experiments
· RF (UHF) knowledge and experience
· HV up to 40kV hands-on experience/knowledge
· Familiarity with lab tools including oscilloscopes, multimeter, network analyzer, etc.
· LabView knowledge
· Experience in analysis using SPICE
· Familiarity with magnets (electro magnets and permanent magnets)
· Familiarity with high vacuum equipment including vacuum pumps
· Familiarity with plasma and gas-discharge
· Experience in electrical/electronic hardware design and/or control system design.
· Troubleshooting experience necessary
· EMI/EMP problem-solving experience preferred
· Familiarity with Altium
· Project Management (developing project specifications, schedules and costs) experience is plus
· Knowledge of accelerator structure design and related manufacturing technologies a plus
· Knowledge of RoHS Directive a plus.
· Ability to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment and interface with other departments.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient with setting daily priorities.
· Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
· Willingness to learn new tasks/cross training.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision (self-motivated, task oriented)
· Ability to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
· BS/MS or higher degree in physics, electrical engineering or equivalency.