We are looking for a Senior Rail Equipment Inspector for our Sacromento, CA office. Reporting to the Line of Business Director of Rail/Transit, this position requires experience in the preparation and specifications for the design, technical guidance, operations and maintenance of rail projects. It also includes participation in business development and marketing strategies.
- Prepare comprehensive engineering reports, calculations, specifications, and drawings for rail/transit design projects.
- Prepare specifications, schedules, work flow diagrams and other related technical material related to the production or assembly of locomotives and rolling stock
- Prepare specifications, schedules, work flow diagrams and other related technical material related to rail yards, shops and storage facilities.
- Assist in development of production work plans, contract documents, schedules and budgets.
- Ensure proper codes and standards are being used by engineers on projects.
- Provide staff with expert technical guidance and assistance on projects.
- Assist in value engineering, quality control, and constructability reviews.
- Coordinate with various utility owners and cooperating agencies whose facilities are impacted by projects.
- Working knowledge of AREMA and railroad agencies design criteria and standards.
- Other assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering,Electrical Engineering or Construction Engineering preferred; willing to consider other relevant fields.
- 15+ years of progressive experience on major projects involving rail locomotives and/or rolling stock.
- Experience with rail engineering, systems, and operations preferred.
T.Y. Lin International is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.