PBF Energy Inc. (NYSE:PBF), one of the largest independent refiners in North America, has an immediate need for a talented Senior Reporting & Technical Accountant at our Parsippany, NJ location.
The Senior Reporting & Technical Accountant position is a cross-functional role and will support various entities within PBF Energy in both a technical accounting and financial reporting capacity. This role will be responsible for day-to-day technical accounting, including assisting with implementation of new accounting standards and review of transactions and agreements to ensure compliance with GAAP. Additionally, this role will support certain financial reporting activities and miscellaneous ad-hoc requests. The individual will be required to stay current with technical accounting and financial disclosure guidance issued by the SEC and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). The role will also be responsible for researching and analyzing technical accounting/reporting issues and is expected to be a subject matter resource on certain accounting and reporting-related topics. This position will interact with all levels of the organization.
- Research and analyze technical accounting and reporting issues and communicate conclusions to management and external auditors
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies
- Evaluate derivative accounting considerations for commercial contracts and transactions and responsible for documenting hedge accounting and normal-purchase-normal-sale elections
- Maintain current knowledge of SEC and GAAP reporting requirements and lead in-house educational sessions
- Assist in implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Collaborate with various teams within the company to support the accounting close process.
- Support the external audit process
- Review the company’s SEC filings (10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, etc.)
- Assist with debt compliance activities, ad-hoc transactions/projects, or other duties as deemed necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- SEC/public company reporting experience or public accounting experience required
- 4 to 6 years' of experience in accounting and reporting required
- CPA preferred
- Experience with SAP, BPC, SRA a plus
- MLP, Oil refining, energy, manufacturing experience a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS
Please note – Relocation will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in PBF Energy, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of PBF via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of PBF. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PBF Energy Company as a result of the referral or through other means. PBF is an equal opportunity employer. This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.