Crane Currency is a fully integrated supplier of secure, durable and well-designed banknotes for central banks all over the world. As the leading security feature developer, Crane has won international acclaim for innovation and product development. We are a pioneer in advanced micro-optics technology for securing banknotes, offering features that do not exist elsewhere. A strong, stable organization with a firm commitment to collaboration and growth, we invite you to join us for a fulfilling career opportunity.
Leadership is Currency at Crane
Do you want to be a key team player with the fastest growing currency supplier in the world? Do you want to be a part of creating Crane's next generation technology? If so, Crane Currency in Nashua, NH is looking for a Sr. Research Scientist to join our R&D team. In this role, you'll be responsible for providing technical expertise in the development of formulation and processing of adhesives from concept to full manufacturing and production. You'll be developing test methods to characterize adhesive performance generally as applied to the authentication of currencies, documents or products through conducting cutting-edge product and process development research in the fields of adhesives, optics, materials science and physical chemistry. If you want to make an impact in the world then we are looking forward to having you on the team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Research and assist in identifying, evaluating new adhesives and adhesive technology integration for the application of security features in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide a strong customer service response and technical support to R&D, Operations team and other areas of the business where technical expertise is needed.
- Use of analytical tools (FRIR, DSC, DMA, rheology) and scientific principles to develop high-performance adhesive formulations for web application.
- Must have prior experience effectively managing projects and project teams through thoughtful facilitation and creative idea exchange in a fast-paced, results oriented environment. This includes managing project expenses, capital budgets and project tracking to plan to meet deadlines for deliverables.
- Continuously improve existing processes.
- Coordinate development, scale-up and validation trials on new products and product modifications.
- BS degree in Chemistry or similar field such as Material Science or Chemical Engineering with 5 years progressive experience in R&D, Adhesive Development & Process Engineering required.
- Masters or PhD with 10 years progressive experience in R&D, Adhesive Development & Process Engineering preferred.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and results clearly and succinctly, and interact with a variety of personalities both inside and outside the company.
- Experienced with a wide-range of adhesive chemistries such as UV cured, thermoset, polyurethanes, PVA, etc.
- Must have experience efficiently conceptualizing and developing robust new adhesives, processes and products using sound basic knowledge of safety and environmental related issues during the execution of projects, trials and experiments.
- Experience in manufacturing, six sigma, lean certification and/or project management certification preferred.
Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab