You will be involved in full-time research on high-assurance connected software architecture and advanced analytics based on modeling & monitoring of connected cars.
You will conduct research projects including high-assurance connected software architecture, dependable connected software platform, system assurance, model-based design and certification.
Communication between cars, other edge devices, and the cloud has the potential to support brand-new mobility services and sophisticated new technologies, e.g., advanced information sharing, coordinated autonomous systems, highly distributed control systems, etc.
Research on High-Assurance Connected Software Architecture including:
- Contract-based Architecture, contract-based design, formal contract languages;
- Automatic formal verification;
- Runtime verification and runtime monitoring, verification, and recovery;
- Contract-based safety and security analysis;
- Contract negotiation;
- Correctness-by-construction and design-by-contract.
Research on Advanced Analytics Based on Modeling & Monitoring of Connected Cars including:
- Parametric system modeling & parameter estimation
- Context modeling of connected vehicles and human drivers
- Multi-fidelity modeling
- Digital Twin service architecture
- 5+ years of research experience in formal verification and model-based design.
- Proficiency in formal verification tools, e.g., theorem prover tools, model checking tools, etc.
- Knowledge of system modeling, formal analysis and parameter estimation.
- Knowledge of computer systems, embedded systems, and systems and software engineering.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, e.g., Java, Python, etc.
- Excellent research prototype development skills.
- Ph. D in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Industry Experience working in a corporate lab setting with a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and achievements is a plus.
Location: Mountain View, CA
Type: Fulltime (relocation assistance is available)