Senior Ruby Rails Software Engineer
Up to $137k + annual bonus
Custom Government engineering
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer to join our Custom Government Engineering team. You will help design, implement, automate, and support our single-sign-on (SSO) solution for public sector customers. You will work closely with other software engineers to aid in both green-field development and in bringing the solution up to enterprise-level industry standards. This is a highly impactful and exciting project that is mission critical to departments within the DoD.
In addition to the SSO project, you will contribute to the design and development of the Portal, a customer control user interface, for the public sector platform of networks. You will also help to guide our development, automation, and testing mechanisms as they interact with our release process and to support our Operations team with any related troubleshooting.
About the Team
The Custom Government team works with breadth and depth across technology stack to deliver a rich and wide set of customized solutions for our Public Sector customers. We collaborate, build, and operate world-class Enterprise Application Delivery Networks for the Public Sector and make them fast, reliable, and secure.
- Be a self-starter who communicates and coordinates well with peers.
- Have the ability to work on technical and operational issues in detail.
- Participate in the architecture, design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support of complex solutions.
- Develop operationalized software that integrates into Akamai's suite of monitoring and service management.
- Work with the rest of the Portal team to improve current functionality and bring new features to market in a Ruby on Rails environment.
- Continue to evolve the web server platform to meeting scaling, security, and compliance needs.
- Write and maintain strong unit, functional, and integration tests to be automated on a Jenkins instance.
- Assist with code reviews and other elements of Rails best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related engineering field; OR equivalent recent professional experience
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails experience including unit testing/test driven development (Rails 4.x or 5.x)
- Linux proficiency
- Unix Shell scripting skills
- Git/Bitbucket or an equivalent source control system experience
- Postgresql or equivalent database experience
- Understanding of SSO/SAML fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship
- Willing to apply for a U.S. Government security clearance
- Rails/Webapp Administration (Apache/Nginx, Puma/Passenger/Thin)
- Experience with developing and supporting SaaS applications
- Linux system administration
- Understanding of networking protocols
- Public sector experience
- Agile project management tools (JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, etc.)
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.