Sevatec, Inc. is seeking a talented Software Engineer to support the implementation of Digital Innovation and Development at a Federal agency. The right candidate will be a talented Ruby on Rails Developer who has a passion for programming, possesses a good understanding of agile practices, and desire to join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver first-class software.
- The Ruby on Rails Engineer will work in a fast paced collaborative and agile environment, following Scrum/Kanban methodologies, to build custom Ruby internal and public-facing applications.
- Write clean, maintainable, reusable, reliable, and efficient Ruby code; Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle - architecture, design and development, user experience development, documentation, unit testing, delivery and maintenance
- Analyze software requirements and provide solutions. Perform analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions.
- Provide consultation and support services for the full life cycle of software product development.
- Provide software development support for the prototyping of analytical tools, data management and user interfaces to databases, and computational utilities.
- Supporting the evaluation of implementation results. This includes evaluating progress and results of projects to examine compliance with the client’s Architecture, result effectiveness, and execution efficiency; analyzing problems; making recommendations
- Responding to and troubleshooting incidents, both for end users and applications.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting performance of the system as necessary
- Master’s degree or higher, and/or 15 years of experience
- 5-years+ experience in Ruby on Rails development
- Experience with React
- 5-years+ experience in Agile development and/or 3-years+ experience in DevOps development
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Experience using Ruby on Rails in conjunction with an underlying database like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL is preferred.
- Experience with Test Drive Development (TDD), continuous integration, Scrum, Kanban
- Proven working experience developing applications using modern, open source web frameworks and tools
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Understanding of Section 508 Compliance
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a government agency Suitability Clearance. DHS clearance preferred.