RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is working with a well-known, innovative (startup culture) financial services firm, that is immediately seeking a Senior SQL DBA - Application Support in New York, New York (NY).
As a member of the Innovations and Infrastructure team at this firm, you will work with a group of talented individuals in a highly team-oriented environment to create the next generation of innovative solutions for this firm and the financial community at large. Financial domain knowledge is not required for this role.
Our application support Server and Application Engineering team is looking to break the mold and reinvent the way infrastructure is handled in a traditional Windows environment. You should be the type of person that never wants to do the same thing by hand more than once and adept at thinking outside of the box to push forward inventive and scalable solutions. (What may work for a handful of servers may not scale well across a thousand servers.) As a contributor to this team, you will be taking an owner's share of SQL infrastructure through automated processes via PowerShell, SQL Server and our centralized scheduling system. As an owner, you will be responsible for working together with the team to flush out business requirements, technical design, implementation, testing, release, and support.
While the main role is primarily focused on SQL, you will also be expected to contribute in the normal day to day tasks of the team as well. Your success on our team is measured through delivering scalable and robust automation solutions via thoughtful design and code. An ideal candidate will have self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude to continually improve existing applications as well as drive to create new ones. If you are looking to join a growing firm, while being part of a talented team (employees came from a variety of industries) that is tackling innovative projects, then please inquire further.
- 5+ years as a SQL Server DBA for a Production environment (SQL 2012 and beyond)
- Comfortable handling 150+ clustered SQL instances
- Substantial troubleshooting expertise in SQL Server and related systems (OS, applications, etc.)
- Tangible delivery of SQL Server automation for both proactive and reactive management
- Bonus points for strong PowerShell skills
- Enterprise-class server/storage knowledge a plus
- Proven SQL Server architect in an enterprise environment
- HA/DR strategies (clustering, mirroring, log shipping, replication, Always On)
- SQL Server engine/query tuning
- Forward-looking attitude through constant R&D of new versions/features
- Comfortable delivering projects both with and without an off-shore team
- A passion for simplifying complex processes
- Strong desire to take ownership in helping to grow a great team and organization - everyone is responsible for bettering the team and themselves
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.