SQL SSIS Developer/Analyst
We are seeking an ETL Specialist with Alteryx expertise and someone who can work well within the business to gather requirements and build curated data sets and work on building out the Enterprise Master Data Management with ITS support. This role is actually on the business side of the house, so it is imperative the contractor can hit the ground running. This project is highly-visible as this is a newly-created team with impressive goals to achieve.
The SQL SSIS Developer/Analyst is responsible for understanding the requirements of the business units and supporting the project and support teams by implementing technical systems based on those requirements. In support of that responsibility, the specialist will work with the project and support teams, as necessary, to ensure the technical solutions meet the business needs, and are developed and implemented with high quality.
- Understand the development needs of the business units and establish a positive, service-oriented relationship by ensuring timely and accurate delivery of application systems
- Learn the business - develop a solid understanding of the business functions and processes and implement solutions based on that understanding
- Build and develop strong relationships with business clients by providing superior customer support as demonstrated by clearly owning, resolving and communicating issues and problems, and being responsive to needs, requirements, and deadlines.
- Develop extract, transform, and load (ETL) procedures that feed data into data warehouse
- Design re-useable Alteryx workflows and build curated data sets
- Perform data cleansing, data blending, data validation, data transformation, data normalization, and possibly multi-dimensional modeling after some time in the role
- Build out the enterprise master data management system and procedures
- Assist business clients and work teams in integrating Alteryx workflows into their business intelligence reporting
- Extract and integrate data from multiple source systems to data warehouse
- Have primary responsibility for technical deliverables associated with application code development, including work estimates, detailed and technical design documentation, application code and associated documentation including documentation to fulfill audit requirements
- Support all phases of the software development lifecycle, including Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Testing, Implementation, and Production support for software systems
- Debug, remediate and enhance existing computer applications based on documented variances and enhancement requests, and with guidance from subject matter experts
- Identify and recommend application system solutions to business problems and enhancements to existing systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Goal-oriented, motivated and a self-starter.
- Some experience with Alteryx or similar workflow application
- Business Intelligence Suite (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) for SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2014.
- Serious enterprise ETL expertise across a wide variety of platforms (SQL, Oracle, SAS, other)
- Previous experience building out an enterprise master data management system
- Understand how configurations can change inside of SSIS package.
- Able to work on numerous projects simultaneously.