We’re working with one of our favorite long term clients in the streaming media space, seeking passionate engineers who believe SRE principles are the way to build a solid platform that can evolve quickly to meet customer needs. In this role - which may be performed 100% remotely - your day-to-day will be automating workflow and infrastructure in support of a massively scaled, consumer facing, live-events streaming media platform, supporting other engineers in SRE related activities, and being an advocate for solid engineering practices based on SRE principles.
- Promote a cross-team culture of accountability, customer obsession, and quality focus
- Mentor junior team members on techniques, technology, and mindset
- Design, develop, test, and deploy automation in place of human toil
- Contribute expertise in the development and use of systems management frameworks (IE Ansible, Nomad, Docker, Kubernetes, and vendor-specific tooling) for the automated activities surrounding systems management and deployment
- Automate the automation – apply CI/CD, automated testing, and Git-based workflows to processes and tools development
- Contribute to designing, implementing, and improving monitoring and analysis systems
- Participate in on-call rotation
- 5-10+ years of systems engineering and/or software development experience
- Scripting and task automation experience with standard languages and frameworks (Terraform preferred, Git, Bash, Python, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- You have developed, debugged, and improved software projects using Go, Python, C++, or similar languages
- Demonstrated knowledge with configuring and operating software in cloud environments (AWS preferred, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with monitoring, analysis, and alerting systems (Datadog, Circonus, etc.)
- Experience with incident management and resolution
- Proficient with Agile principles and practices
- A love for constantly learning new things and avoiding complacency
We pay very competitively and have excellent healthcare and other benefits. This is a consulting opportunity, which may be performed 100% remotely. This is a local opportunity, recruiting within the local region only. Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to provide sponsorship for employment and request no agency submissions. Thank you!
We're Rooster Park, and we're a boutique consulting and recruiting agency obsessed with finding the right fits for a small set of partners. You can learn more at http://www.roosterpark.com/. Hope to hear from you!