Epic Pharma is a generic pharmaceutical company located in Laurelton, NY. We are dedicated to developing and manufacturing generic prescription drugs in a variety of therapeutic categories in tablet, capsule and powder forms, with a focus on hard to manufacture orally administered drugs in immediate release, sustained release and delayed release forms. We are conveniently located in Laurelton, New York, within easy commute of the greater New York metro area and close to the Long Island Railroad and NYC bus service.
SENIOR SCIENTIST - ANALYTICAL RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Candidates must have a Masters Degree in a Chemistry, or science related field.
A minimum of 5 - 7 in a ARD Department in a Pharmaceutical Company is strongly preferred.
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Responsible for task-oriented activities associated with formulation development and their analytical characterization for the new products.
- Characterization of various prototype formulations using biophysical techniques
- Responsible for scale up/tech transfer activities at in site or 3rd party site.
- Design, schedule and conduct experiments.
- Cross-functional interactions primarily with analytical team to understand and interpret data.
- Conduct data review, write technical reports and present developmental findings/milestones as per current regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and review the protocols for different studies and executed them.
- Prepare product development reports as per the current regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance for smooth technology transfer the production team.
- Troubleshoot the problem at plan levels and optimize the parameters for its robustness.
- Co-ordinate with regulatory team for support in regulatory filling.
- Update the status of the project at regular time base to the department head.
- Other daily, weekly, monthly etc., reports, tasks, projects as required in the ARD Lab
Candidates must be able to work effectively in a team environment to meet company objectives and commitments.
Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong computer skills, and a good command of the English language.
Epic Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive starting salary and benefits package, including medical/dental/vision and 401k.
All candidates must be authorized to work legally in the United States on a full-time basis for ANY EMPLOYER. (No temporary visas or visa transfers.)