RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Security Engineer in Bethesda, Maryland (MD).
The Senior Security Architect is responsible for information security guidance during the design and implementation of solutions and services across the business and IT support areas, driving the successful configuration and implementation of IT/Security solutions to reduce risk to an acceptable level for the company. Duties will include, but are not limited to, providing support to internal and external teams to define and develop secure architecture and solutions for projects and business solutions, conduct discovery sessions to gain the necessary background and review findings to ensure sustained compliance, remediation of control gaps, and escalation of possible critical issues to senior management.
The Senior Security Engineer needs to have a strong security background with hands on knowledge on the various security tools required to protect the enterprise. Additional responsibilities include working with various project owners in implementing, executing, and monitoring IT related logical access and IT operations.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business goals and requirements, conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments, studying architecture/platform, identifying integration issues, and preparing cost estimates
- Plans delivery of solutions and addresses technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members
- Follows emerging security practices and standards and maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures such as NIST 800-53, PCI and ISO27001; conducting incident response analyses; develops and conducts training
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or related field experience
- Requires 10 years of experience in an Information Security role
- Requires one or more of the following: (ISC)2 (CISSP), ISACA (CISM) or SANS GIAC Certification (GSEC, GCIH)
- Requires experience breaking down complex systems and applications to find flaws
- Advanced knowledge of network security infrastructure, risk analysis, data/voice communication systems, services and system/network configurations; Network operations, design, and systems management
- Strong security product knowledge and conceptual understanding of current technologies such as firewalls, VPNs, IDSs and other security devices
- Requires familiarity with common vulnerabilities (e.g. OWASP Top 10) and attack vectors
- Requires a working knowledge of common enterprise Linux distributions such as (CentOS) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) with SELinux and automation tools
- Requires working knowledge of the OSI model for computer networks, network operation, and common network protocols such as TCP/IP, 802.1q VLANs, Port Security, EIGRP, BGP, etc.
- Requires working knowledge of information security solutions; e.g., vulnerability management (Rapid7 Nexpose, Tenable Nessus), IDS/IPS (Sourcefire Snort, Bricata), log management (using Syslog, Splunk Enterprise Security, or QRadar SIEM) and all security controls in scope for both PCI compliance and general information security
- Understanding of enterprise networks impact on application design and performance, scripting and full-scale system implementation on UNIX/Windows platforms
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.