The Senior Sheet Metal Estimator will be required to perform all requisite tasks to compile accurate and detailed sheet metal cost estimates.
The Senior Sheet Metal Estimator’s primary core competencies are:
- Functional & Technical Skills
- Learning on the Fly
- Exhibits the value of competencies for the company, department, employees, and business partners.
- Promotes a positive safety culture by adhering to policies and procedures set out by the department.
- Communicates in a professional manner at all times with both clients, business partners, and colleagues.
- Reviews documents to develop a clear and detailed understanding of the project scope.
- Identifies discrepancies and gaps in the documents that must be filled in for a complete proposal.
- Solicits subcontractor and vendor pricing and ensures proper scope inclusion.
- Completes accurate detailed labor and material takeoffs.
- Seeks aid/data/insight as required.
- Clearly and concisely articulates scope in verbal and written formats.
- Prepares a complete and detailed proposal with accurate cost and qualifications.
- Can comfortably attend scope meetings with clients to answer questions about the estimate and project.
- Efficiently teaches and transfers the complete project scope to the operations team upon award.
- Takes initiative to follow up with site visits and shortcomings/successes of estimate with the project team after turnover.
- Is committed to improvement and development, of both self and estimating processes.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Years’ Experience: 5+ years’ experience estimating sheet metal systems
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience
- History of working on Healthcare, BioTech, Pharma, Commercial, Institutional, Residential and Mission Critical projects
- Software Experience Preferred:
- Microsoft Suite
- On screen take-off experience
- Bluebeam Review
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage shifting priorities
- Advanced Knowledge/understanding of construction document format and plan reading skills
- High attention to detail
- Collecting and analyzing information
- Advanced knowledge of technical systems.
Reports to: Chief Sheet Metal Estimator