New Jersey Economic Development Authority
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 2018-1350
Markets and promotes awareness of State and EDA products and services focused on small, women, minority, and veteran owned business enterprises and entrepreneurs through outreach directly to businesses and the organizations serving these businesses. Leads the development and implementation of proactive SWMVBE inclusion initiatives which support the EDA's SWMVBE utilization goals.
$64,268 - $80,335
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes a comprehensive outreach plan to the small, women, minority and veteran business community, including, but not limited to, chambers of commerce, community based financing and technical assistance providers, small business development centers, trade and professional associations and minority business advocacy groups.
- Develops and maintains inventory of service providers to small businesses throughout New Jersey with a focus on women, minority and veteran owned enterprises and entrepreneurs
- Liaison role with the State's Chief Diversity Officer
- Identifies new partner opportunities to support policy and business objectives
- Builds, maintains and strengthens relationships with organizations focused on small, women, minority and veteran businesses
- Educates and markets the State and EDA's products and services to organizations serving the small women and minority and veteran owned business enterprises through meet and greets, public speaking events and presentations
- Coordinates resources to address identified needs in the marketplace.
- Plays a leadership role in in identifying and coordinating existing resources targeted to the business segment, as well as develops new program initiatives focused on targeted segment
- Acts as key representative of the State and EDA for public speaking events focused on targeted segment
- Works with Public Affairs/Marketing to prepare speeches and remarks aligned with EDA's SWMVBE efforts
- Collaborates with external business segments and internal departments
- Maintains and appropriately communicates EDA's SWMVBE statistics internally and externally
- Works with Marketing Division to manage SWMVBE content on EDA's website
- Develops and maintains robust tracking system for activity supporting SWMVBE
- Handles inquiries from the general public regarding all resources and directs them to Business Development for project assistance as appropriate.
- Inputs client information into CRM and updates system on a continual basis.
- Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to initiate and oversee major SWMVBE outreach initiatives and programs
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with a track record of using data and metrics to evaluate needs, drive change and measure impact
- Effective leadership and/or management experience in financial services preferred
- Ability to work with groups and individually with all levels within the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
- Ability to work across different functions and build relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constraints with little or no supervision
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
- Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software packages
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business Administration, and/or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 7 years job related experience
- Experience working with small businesses, especially women, minority or veteran owned businesses, preferred
- Established relationships with small business organizations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build networks quickly
Advanced degree or industry specific certification may be substituted for 1 year of experience
- Minimal: Includes standing, carrying materials and hand-puts, and other audio-visual equipment.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
- As necessary to events, meetings, businesses, etc.
Certificates and Licenses Required
- Valid driver's license
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
This position is considered exempt and is excluded from minimum wage, overtime regulations, and other rights and protections afforded nonexempt workers under the FLSA.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Must comply with the "New Jersey First Act" which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
- Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.