The Senior Software Developer plays a key role in the development of major software projects supporting GSSI systems. The software they develop will control the operation, process, display, capture and store the radar data from GSSI systems. They work with other engineers to analyze product needs, design and develop software. They contribute to system quality by devising test strategies, utilizing issue tracking, developing testing plans and performance strategies. They may also contribute to strategic direction on software technology, company technical standards or development environments. This is a full-time salaried, exempt position.
- Work alone or in a team to develop controller software for GSSI radar systems by designing, developing and modifying exist software to implement high level designs and meet customer driven requirements.
- Develop code for an HTML5 based web server, to allow platform independent remote control of distributed radar systems.
- Develop code in using WebGL and OpenGL to render and process radar data using a GPU to increase performance.
- Document all designs, software and design trade-offs.
- Contribute as needed to strategic decisions on software technology, company technical standards or development environments.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience:
- A four year degree in computer science, information systems, related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- In depth understanding of HTML5, WebGL and OpenGL.
- Understanding of RESTFul API's and JSON format desirable.
- Experience developing software to control or monitor an embedded scientific product is required.
- At least ten years of software development experience.
- Software analysis and design experience.
- Demonstrated project management and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach. The employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, squat, climb, lift, and use fine motor skills. The employee must occasionally lift or carry a maximum of 30 lbs.
All applications are confidential and GSSI is an equal opportunity employer.