If you would like more information about this position, please contact Joseph Jewell at 205-623-1115 or at email@example.com
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Designs, develops, tests and performs maintenance on Infinity’s Line-of-Business Software Applications applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis. Works closely with Software Architects in the definition of solutions. May work independently on tactical assignments and in the development of sub-system components.
*1. Analyzes and defines functional, non-functional and business requirements for software development. Mentors development staff in the art of requirements gathering.
*2. Designs and develops complex software applications and model relational databases both independently as well as in a team.
*3. Demonstrated understanding of software applications and infrastructure architecture through unit production implementations.
*5. Writes unit tests and performs integration testing to ensure high quality applications that meet business requirements. Mentors development staff in the art of test-driven development.
*6. Maintains an understanding of various deployment methods and tools and writes scripts and/or procedures for efficient processes.
*7. Utilizes an understanding of systems, database and networking with cross-over skills to assist the design and implementation of these in custom solutions.
8.Other duties as assigned.
*9. Regular predictable attendance is required.
INTERNAL: Employees at all levels in all departments.
EXTERNAL: Agents, software or hardware vendors.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED None
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Master's degree in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related area of study and 2 years of relevant experience. In lieu of a Master's, will accept a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related area of study and a minimum of 5 years of experience.
2. Ability to articulate Object Oriented Concepts and have experience with Software development Life Cycle.
3. Competency in various tools and frameworks such as Eclipse, Struts, JSF, Grails, Foundations used by Infinity as specified for the position.
4. Proven record of new application development and the ability to perform independently and/or leading small teams.
5. Proven support and maintenance of software applications and cross-training of other on named solutions.
6. Possesses insurance knowledge in topics such as Policies, Claims and Products as well as business knowledge in Operations, Finance and Marketing/Sales.
SPECIAL DEMANDS OR WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Good communication skills including presentation and written documentation.
2. Highly motivated and willing to take initiative.
3. Demonstrated success in working well in a team and collaborative environment.
4. Highly adaptable to change and able to recommend viable solutions to problems.
5. Judgment must reflect the employee’s experience level in software development.
6. Experience in personnel management a plus.
7. Able to mentor and coach software developers and team members.
All the above accountabilities and activities indicated with an asterisk (*) are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their Supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.