Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Blackbaud is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Core Services Engineering team. Core Services Engineering is responsible for two platforms. The Commerce Platform team is building Identity, Subscription Management, Authorization and Service Provisioning to redefine how customers discover, learn and purchase solutions from Blackbaud. The Developer and Engineering Platform team provides our Customers and Partners with extensibility and integration solutions via SKY API and UX. SKY UX is our user experience framework published to GitHub and open for anyone in and outside Blackbaud to contribute. Since its launch SKY API has enabled Customers and Partners a standard interface to build extensions and integrations including work flow customizations and integration with Microsoft Office 365.
The Core Services Engineering team is also leading an internal community and contributor-based Engineering System effort to unify how services are developed, deployed and operated. Git repositories and tools are being developed across Blackbaud Engineering teams but led by Core Services. This open-source community within Blackbaud enables us to quickly address and expand needs across teams, technologies and locations.
The Core Services team is building the foundation for Social Good.
We are currently looking for Engineers who want to make other Engineers more efficient in their day to day jobs. We are building the “paved road” for all Engineers at Blackbaud and our Partners in order to increase consistency, quality and security across all our solutions. As part of the Developer and Engineering Platform team you will collaborate with many project team members (Product Owners, Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure the development and implementation of solutions built.
Engineers on our team are collaborative in nature, opinionated about contemporary software development practices and open-minded to contrasting views. If you’re passionate about technology and an expert in building tools with a wide set of domain knowledge around UI, full stack development or API development, we’d love to hear from you.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Test technologies preferred
- Experience with Microsoft and open source technologies
- Experience building tools for developers or working with similar tool sets preferred
- Advanced knowledge of programing languages like C#, Angular 2 or Java preferred
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.