Company is looking for a full time Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack with proven coding, delivery, best practices and technical leadership responsibilities to take a major role in one of our delivery teams.
The Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack is:
• A smart, driven individual with a mix of passion for excellence in coding, efficient delivery, solid application design, and technical leadership?
• A voice to help continually define and promote best practices and standards and champion them to your team?
• A contributor that asks questions and tests assumptions, with the ability and desire to see the big picture and bend the lens to see what's around the corner?
• An economical mind with an intuition for understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule?
• An architectural mind that values availability, scalability and sustainability? We use a distributed microservice architecture to make it all happen and want people who are excited to contribute to it.
# of Openings: 2
TOP SKILLS: Java and Spring framework
MAJOR PLUS: Scala and microservices
• Partner with your Product Manager to analyze needs and propose solutions that meet the requirements while balancing time and cost.
• Team up with Architecture to ensure your solutions take full advantage of a reactive, distributed microservices platform.
• Collaborate with your team's Quality Engineer to identify how best to prove your code meets requirements and automate those tests.
• Work with DevOps to ensure all deliverables can be deployed, managed and monitored automatically in a cloud-first, infrastructure-as-code approach.
• Participate and contribute in your team's agile rituals in a Scrum focused development culture.
• Get your code to Prod as quick as possible in a continuous delivery environment that deploys 10+ times a day.
• Hold yourself and your team members accountable to best practices around performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability standards.
• Own your work all the way to Prod and beyond, aiding in triaging and fixing of bugs and issues that come up.
Experience we'll be seeking:
• Possession of an undergraduate degree in computer information technology, computer engineering, or related degree.
• 6+ years' experience in software engineering or developing.
• Experience working on technical teams building software applications.
• Understanding of React.js and Redux and their core principles.
• Knowledge of SOA, microservices, and/or RESTful design patterns.
• Experience handling large volumes of operational data with MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis and Kafka.
• Automated testing at unit and integration levels, using tools such as Junit, Mockito, powermock, Spock, Selenium, etc.
• Knowledge of data modeling and SQL optimization within a MySQL environment.
• Knowledge of one or more Agile software development life cycle methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
• Smart, curious, motivated, and honest.
• No fear of making a mistake (and admitting to it), but with a preference to do things right the first time and the forethought to build contingencies into the solution.