Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
From a technical perspective, we are making noise by doing things like open sourcing our SKY UX which is an Angular framework providing consistency in our software and allowing external clients to extend via our APIs. We were also recently announced as making Forbes’ 25 Fastest Growing Public Tech Companies.
Many individuals find themselves coming to Blackbaud because of the clients we serve. The idea of using your craft/skillset to help non-profit organizations further improve how they achieve success for their causes is a great driving force for many people here.
About Our Development Team
As a part of the team, you’ll collaborate with project team members to ensure the development and implementation of solutions built. You’ll provide technical mentorship to your peers and junior engineers by facilitating design and code reviews and helping them in their technical skill growth. You’ll provide input on functional requirements, product designs and implementations as well as write code to help bring our existing products into the future.
Our ideal engineer is collaborative in nature, opinionated about contemporary software development practices and open-minded to contrasting views. If you’re passionate about technology and an expert in building tools with a wide set of domain knowledge around UI, full stack development or API development, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive development effort of high quality solutions while practicing test driven development, and empowering our development teams to own their features end to end.
- Identify and execute on areas of the application where it makes sense to split out a microservice for the benefit of all products in our portfolio
- Collaborate with peers to design, develop and deliver performant/scalable product enhancements
- Provide critical thinking, technical innovation and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor in the organization.
- Actively contribute in discussions around software architecture and application design
- Actively use Agile best practices
- Mentor and work with engineers to grow existing technical skills and learn new ones
What we’ll want you to have:
- 3+ years’ experience developing software using contemporary technologies
- Understanding of software engineering best practices including: agile methodology, design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven development
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field
- Experience & Understanding of:
- SQL Server
- VB .NET
- IIS Familiarity
- Excellent communication skills – Ability to listen and share ideas in small or large groups
- Ability to provide mentorship to other engineers
- Passion for keeping up to date with evolving technologies and finding creative ways to bring those ideas to our existing features/products
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.