This entertainment industry Employee Benefit Funds, is actively seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer, who will be a developer on multiple projects, including a large, multi-year effort scheduled to begin within the next few months. The Software Engineer will help to support the Funds legacy benefit administration system, while working in a co-development role with the vendor of the new application. Once the new application is deployed, the Software Engineer will be responsible for the bulk of ongoing system enhancements and support.
This position requires demonstrated skill in applying technical solutions to meet business needs, strong interpersonal skills in dealing with vendors and colleagues, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong full lifecycle development experience.
- Participate in enterprise-scale application development project as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Engage in solution and technical design discussion with business subject matter experts and business analysts
- Interpret functional specifications, and implement corresponding application functionality
- Communicate easily (in person and in writing) with business subject matter experts and stakeholders regarding technical matters
- Understand and support organization-wide application infrastructure, including disparate software systems (systems both loosely and tightly integrated with one another)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline, or commensurate professional experience preferred
- At least 5 years experience with Java/J2EE
- At least 3 years experience with Oracle (12c or higher) and PL/SQL
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong, full life cycle development skills including analysis, design and deployment
- US Citizenship or H1B visa
This new position is highly visible, and offers outstanding growth potential. Additionally, we are offering a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including fully paid health and welfare benefits, annuity, 401(k) and pension plans.