We are adding a Senior Software Engineer in Overland Park, KS. In this role you will design, develop, maintain, test, and evaluate new or modified software products from a suite of applications. You will have purview of the entire application life-cycle from research and design to implementation, training and support. We challenge our software development professionals with more complex tasks, but we also aid with their research and design on difficult or time sensitive projects or issues. If you are looking for a challenge, this is the role for you! In this role you will work tightly with your leadership in understanding requirement and project timelines, and in turn assist in developing and mentoring junior, less experienced developers all while ensuring that software designs adhere to the architectural design and departmental standards.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant development experience.
- Proven development experience, including windows and web services (including Service Oriented Architecture), cloud-based services (including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform), windows and web applications.
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications.
- Have a robust understanding of SOLID design principals.
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities needed to coordinate, facilitate, and participate in a collaborative approach to the completion of tasks or assignments.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise computing software, including system management standards and solutions.
- Strong Object-Oriented design and implementation skills.
- Strong understanding of NuGet package management including creation, deployment and version management.
- Strong understanding of relational database design concepts.
- Passionate about technology and application development.
- Experience in creating SOAP/REST connectors/services.
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Working with multiple teams of engineers, analysts, project managers, QA and others to develop enterprise-level software products adhering to best practices and established standards and practices.
- Demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Preparation and installation of solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear testable code.
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis in turn recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Communicating in a professional manner when interacting with less-experienced staff, peers, senior staff, and internal or external customers.
- Participating in internal and external technical reviews, as required