What you’ll do:
- Expertly design and own technical solutions for broad or complex requirements with insightful, strategic approaches
- Lead technical decisions on the team and functional area
- Describe, analyze, and convince others about major technical tradeoffs and decisions
- Help build scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that ships new code every day
What you’ll need:
- 3 - 12 years of experience. A minimum of 3 years shipping production quality code in a fast-paced work environment
- Desire to constantly learning new technologies; have knowledge of full technical landscape
- Ability to set technical vision for larger projects
- Ability to coordinate internal technical work with outside partnership/external deadlines
- A talent for analytical problem solving
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment & a bias for action. You ship quality code quickly
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real world functionality of your programming
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to define engineering culture on a small team of less than 50
- To be a thought leader on an impactful & innovative engineering team
- Meaningful equity in a startup growing their business 20% every month
- Product ownership - take autonomy over core products & product features
Our continuous releases are integrated with Travis CI and Github. On the frontend, we use React for the views, organize the data flow with Flux architecture, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we"re a Rails shop riding on AWS and Postgres RDS. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Python.
- Environment/culture/values/office/benefits - incredible company culture, casual, dog friendly, catered breakfast and lunch DAILY, if you’re working late, you can expense dinner. Lattes, cappuccinos, healthy snacks. Discount gym membership, book program (free books), commuter benefits.
- 100% paid benefits for employee, 90% paid benefits for partner/family – Anthem PPO/Kaiser HMO. 401k available. Flexible PTO policy (unlimited). Equity plan is INCREDIBLE. They have a 10 year exercise window.