Senior Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA or Remote
Responsible for the software design and development for external customer products. Utilizes a range of applicable technologies (e.g., programming languages, compilers, assemblers, debuggers, other tools) for products used in local, networked, storage enhancements and/or new systems. Modifies existing software products to add new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability. Participates in product development in all stages from planning and design to development, testing and documentation. Leads the design of enterprise storage environment that includes: enterprise storage arrays, fiber channel switches, Network Attached Storage (NAS), physical and virtual tape devices, as well as storage management and backup, restore, archive and replication solutions. Monitors and controls storage processes, and implements system security to provide stable and secure systems platforms. Assists with the implementation of new or additional storage technology to improve infrastructure service, both locally and remotely.
* Development experience, comfortable working in multiple languages at once * Java, F# required * Python and/or Golang a plus
* Experience working in agile collaborative coding environments (peer review, continuous integration, etc.)
* 5+ years of application development
* Experience working in distributed, remote teams across multiple time zones a plus
* Experience in large scale operations environments
* 2+ years of experience with Linux/Unix development or systems administration
* 2+ years of experience with networking systems and technologies
* Good understanding of network performance and security, IPv6 experience a plus
* Experience with virtualization technologies a plus
* Experience working with containerization technologies a plus
* Configuration Management tools experience with Ansible, or SaltStack a plus
* BA/BS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience (advanced degrees preferred)
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our client's workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.