GBL Systems is a leading system engineering and software development firm located in Camarillo, CA, with a 25-year history of developing tomorrow’s Electronic Warfare capability today. GBL specializes in the areas of Systems and Software Engineering, Electronic Warfare, Network Centric Warfare, Modeling/ Simulation and Avionics Development.
GBL has current Senior Software Test Engineer opportunity available at the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD) Point Mugu, CA. Work location is at GBL office in Camarillo, CA or Pt Mugu, CA depending on position.
As part of a dynamic team, GBL Engineers contribute to all aspects of the software development process, which includes requirements definition, design, development, test and evaluation, acquisition, and in-service support to various US and Foreign Military customers. Successful applicants should have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively in an embedded government/contractor team environment. Qualified candidates must be self-starters with the ability to work independently without close supervision. Applicants should exhibit excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills.
A Senior Software Test Engineer will play a key role on the development team by providing technical leadership in designing and building test suites using efficient, minimalistic code. With a vast understanding of testing and software, you will help instill software development testing best practices into the team, including advocating for Test Driven Development (TDD). Strong candidates will be self-motivated, independent yet a team player, who shares our passion for developing quality and stable software as well as enjoys the challenge of working on the latest and greatest technologies.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics from an accredited university with 6-8 years’ experience
- Experience creating unit tests for Java code
- Solid understanding of test driven development
- Experience in Source Code Management using git
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Preferred experience advocating for and implementing test automation
- Preferred experience creating user acceptance tests using Mockito, Arquillian, or Selenium
- Lead fellow Software Test Engineers toward agreed upon testing goals
- Advocating Test Driven Development best practices
- Developing front and backend software
- Writing unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Actively participate in the daily standup each day
- Peer reviewing software, especially test code
- Communicate with team regarding future test directions and goals
Qualified applicants must be U.S. Citizens. Current active SECRET clearance is desired. Must be able to obtain an Interim Security clearance within first 90 days of employment. Must be able to obtain and maintain special access program (SAP) level.
- Competitive salary
- Outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with both Traditional and Roth options and generous corporate contributing
- Group medical insurance
- Life insurance
- AD&D coverage
- Paid holiday and Paid Time Off and a business casual work environment
GBL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.comHelp.