Senior Solutions Architect/Pre-sales- NYC
*US Citizens or GC Holders only
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will serve as the focused technical lead and sales engineer for our targeted product and service solutions, supporting the regional sales team to drive revenue creation and capture within the customer account portfolio. You will have the opportunity to work with our master architects, engineers, and consultants, to understand our clients’ needs and craft sustainable IT roadmaps to get them there.
This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading edge technology manufacturers—many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs—keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem.
From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
- Provide technical expertise to sales teams and customers on designated solution focus area
- Establish credibility and trusted advisor status with sales team and customers
- Conduct customer facing presentations on core competencies and technical solution offerings for assigned accounts and focus areas
- Assist sales team with overall account planning as it relates to technical aspects of hardware, software, and services opportunity qualification and development
- Complete and author technical sections for RFP/RFI/RFQ responses
- Assist sales team with identifying and capturing customer business and technical requirements during the sales cycle and determining recommended solution
- Develop and finalize solution architecture/design and detailed line item configurations and/or bill-of-materials (BOMs)
- Develop and finalize solution proposal and/or presentation of recommended solutions including Cloud (Hybrid & Public), Data Center (Storage, Compute Backup) and basic networking skills (Cisco, Fortinet a plus)
- Lead technical scoping/reviews with sales team and customers for Statement of Work (SOW) generation, planning and designing solutions for complex multi vendor solutions (i.e. Cisco, NetApp, Pure, Hyper-Converged solutions)
- Function as a subject matter expert (SME) for customer technical staff regarding proposed solution and its design, configuration, implementation, and testing specifics
- Function as technical liaison and company ambassador with field OEM channel sales and technical teams
- Assist sales team with mentoring of junior account managers as it relates to overall opportunity management and technical solution set
- Conduct knowledge transfers with solution architect colleagues and service delivery team regarding solution and OEM product updates/changes, lessons learned from previous engagements/experience, etc., as relevant
- Assist sales team in dealing with customer satisfaction issues surrounding technical aspects or approach of a recommended solution
- Assist in developing a get well plan, as appropriate
- Identify product or services candidates to sales and services management as new solution areas for company to potentially development or investment
- Complete training and maintain OEM certification(s) as requested and approved by management, in accordance with assigned focus area
- Be proactive in highlighting and suggesting areas for improvement in the regional procedures, structure, reporting, etc.
- Propose ideas and solutions to help improve functional areas
- Ensure appropriate coverage for in-process and new solution sales cycle opportunities while out of office for training, vacation, PTO, etc.
- Participate in weekly pre sales engineering conference calls
- Review current pipeline and forecast potential revenue, win probability, and estimated date of completion, on a weekly basis
- Complete administrative tasks (expenses, time reporting, pipeline) in a timely fashion
- Conduct company branded lunch and learns with customers and identify sales opportunities, as requested by management
- Strong knowledge of the following technologies: Data Center (Storage, Backup, Compute) Cloud (All types) and basic networking
- Pre-sales support
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong attention-to-detail
Education and Experience:
- Certifications in applicable technology preferred
- College degree or applicable work experience
- Five or more years of experience in designing or implementing complex solutions