RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Senior Staff Accountant in Towson, Maryland (MD).
- Work with a team of accounting professionals to prepare tax returns, financial statements and other client deliverables
- Possess the ability to complete engagements from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Be responsible for maintaining client relations through ongoing support, including general ledger, balance sheet and financial statement entries and reconciliations; payroll, year-end financial statements and tax preparation
- Familiarity with laws and regulations that apply to an accounting function are required to ensure compliance
- Monitor and delegate work to other staff members
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Additional education or certification may be substituted for some experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Two to three years progressively responsible related experience required
- Accounting, including QuickBooks
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Tax preparation
- Tax and accounting research
- Knowledge in the use of financial software applications, databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing required
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.