WE MAKE PEOPLE SMILE
At Magic Memories we believe in making people smile! We drive this concept into how we develop our people and deliver our products and services.
Reporting to the North American Financial Controller, will be responsible for day to day accounting, reporting and control activities, ensuring the continued development of the financial objectives for Magic Memories USA and Canada.
Will be responsible for various balance sheet account recs, prepaid, accruals, as well as management, reporting and control activities.
Principal duties and responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Records payroll by initiating GL extract and importing into accounting software, along with accruals at month end.
- Provide accounting support and analysis for CAPEX accounts, inventory, fixed assets, PP&E and software.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Provide support to internal and external auditors annually.
- Support internal and external clients with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Assist with ad hoc requests and special projects as necessary
- Engage in global process and system improvements surrounding account reconciliations, workflows, and business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline, and a minimum of 2 - 3 years of progressive experience in the corporate accounting department of a large corporation and/or experience in a public accounting firm.
- CPA or an advanced degree preferred
- Knowledge of a sophisticated accounting system, NetSuite experience a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of basic accounting topics.
- Working knowledge of more complex accounting topics.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
If you're seeking a role where you can be a key contributor with a growth company, or are looking for the chance to utilize your talents, we’re interested in speaking with you.
About Magic Memories:
Since its inception in 1995, the company has grown to more than 2,200 employees in 185 attractions in 10 countries across the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Europe, China, United Arab Emirates, Australia and New Zealand.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Magic Memories is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran’s status, or any other factor that is a prohibited consideration under applicable law.