E*TRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, E*TRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants - over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 E*TRADE branches.
Looking for a Software Engineer to join E*TRADE as an Application Developer focusing on C/C++, Java, SQL and UNIX.
Viewed as an expert in applications development.
* Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
* Makes well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous application development issues.
* Coordinates with users to determine requirements.
* Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
* Creates complex prototypes.
* Codes, tests and debugs documents and implements complex software applications. Establishes and communicates common goal and direction for team.
* Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
* Monitors project schedules and costs.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
* Extensive knowledge of C/C++, Java, Database SQL, UNIX, PERL/Shell scripts.
* 3+ years of experience in the above areas.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.