Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Senior Structural Designer. We believe our entrepreneurial spirit is what sets us apart from the competition. Entrepreneurial spirit is a mindset. It's an attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. It's a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement.
This is a full time/direct hire position that is located in Midlothian, VA.
Senior Structural Designers are responsible for performing structural design and drafting duties on assigned projects.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
- Assist project manager in developing estimates, schedules, material lists, design
concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and
- Perform field work and technical research
- Maintain project files and documentation using document control databases
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in
assigned areas of responsibility
- Responsible for tracking and complying with scopes, schedules and budgets
- 10+ years of Heavy Industrial Experience
- Proficient in 2D AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of OSHA
- Knowledgeable of basic civil and structural material specifications to the extent that all
information required for material purchase, fabrication and construction is reflected on the finished drawings
- Performing field work in industrial environments to collect design information and verify tie- ins, function and clearances
- Performing temporary field support activities, when assigned, for engineering support during construction
- Assisting engineers with cost and material estimates and preliminary design studies
- Mentoring junior level coworkers
- Direct interface with clients
- Checking the accuracy and quality of drawings
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong ethics and corporate loyalty
- Must be results oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must possess uncompromised commitment to quality
- BECET or ASCET
- Experience in an industrial chemical processing environment is a plus.
- Experience with the Autodesk Revit software platform is a plus.
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, 401k with Company Match, Time-and-a-Half Overtime, Performance Based Bonus, and Tuition Reimbursement.