Requisition ID: 19730
Job Function: Product Development Engineering (40000045)
- work with manufacturing operations and Suppliers on containment of nonconforming material and establishing corrective actions
- work with Suppliers and other Whirlpool functions to enable the Supplier to create quality plans
- implement corrective actions, generate quality metrics, and continually improve quality systems
- support Whirlpool quality and cost projects by attending regular reviews such as productivity reviews and (Customer to Customer) C2C reviews, conducting supplier audits, evaluating (First Parts Approvals) FPA's, and working with other Whirlpool functions to ensure the Supplier meets quality requirements prior to production
- identify quality improvement opportunities and drive problem solving with appropriate cross-functional teams,
- supervise Engineer Technicians and give direction on corrective action, communications with suppliers, and containment/rework implementation
This job function conducts the production activities of manufacturing organizations to optimize resource use, minimize costs and maintain quality standards. Activities include planning, managing and reviewing production operations to achieve output and quality objectives; monitoring expenditures and forecasting resource inputs; and operating, monitoring and maintaining machines and production equipment.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Job Segment: Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Social Media, Electrical, Engineering, Marketing