- • Perform administration of network operating systems, applications software and/or telecommunications system software to satisfy requests of internal clients.
• Install and maintain the hardware for data communication and/or telecommunications systems to provide clients with cost-effective turnkey solutions.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and network operating systems and applications software problems and apply cost-effective solutions to minimize interruptions in business operations under varying and urgent circumstances. Refer problems requiring higher level support to senior infrastructure and telecommunications group personnel.
• Prepare and maintain documentation of procedures and records of work performed within the reporting and documentation standards established by client in order to facilitate enhancement, change, or troubleshooting of the work.
• Communicate status to organizational managers and project leaders.
• Adhere to negotiated due dates and acceptable budgeted hours of project assignments for completion as expected by internal and external clients.
• Bachelor Degree in Information Technology related program or comparable experience to achieve proficiency in the theoretical and practical application of system administration
• Four years' experience designing, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting data communications and/or telecommunications hardware and software that are comparable to those used at client. Five years' experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of the Internet web browsers and e-mail systems used at client.
• Proficiency with use of personal computer and office automation tools, especially Windows and MS Office. Basic PC/Server knowledge.
• Good written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills, particularly with end-users who have varying degrees of computer knowledge
• Self-starter with a willingness to ask questions and actively seek out answers
• Ability to work closely with others as a solid team player
• A positive attitude and ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment