Senior Systems Engineer
- Job Label:
AssetMark seeks a knowledgeable, talented, and industrious Sr Systems Engineer who will work alongside the IT support team to ensure maximum performance of a high traffic infrastructure while maintaining system integrity. Provides and applies advanced technical strategies in administering, maintaining and implementing physical and virtual servers, operating systems, enterprise storage and supporting infrastructure. The ideal candidate for the position of Sr Systems Engineer is agreeable, helpful, and efficient as well as having in-depth knowledge of networks.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Collaborate on definition of infrastructure standards and contribute to the overall architecture roadmap
- Coordinates configuration activities to ensure integration and alignment with other IT technology, processes, systems, applications, and environments.
- Install and configure server hardware, operating systems, software, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Provides technical support and guidance in troubleshooting system performance issues. Researches problems that cannot be resolved by routine procedures. Creates troubleshooting procedures, designing resolution scripts, workflows or flowcharts. Ensures timely resolution of problems
- Document server and Infrastructure problem/resolution and maintain Runbooks
- Monitors server and Infrastructure performance and implement performance tuning
- Manage server and Infrastructure vendor relations and accounts
- Troubleshoot server and Infrastructure related problem areas and issues as needed to resolve operational issues and restore/optimize services
- Maintain knowledge of server and Infrastructure related topics, including emerging technologies, industry best practices, and regulatory/compliance related concerns
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years minimum experience in server and Infrastructure environments
- Experience with management tools such as SolarWinds/AppDynamics/Splunk
- Experience with Azure Cloud and Azure O365 environments.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5 & 6.0; to include VDP, HA, patching, upgrades, and troubleshooting VMware related issues
- Proven Experience with PowerShell Scripting/Automation
- Must work independently & within a team with strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to manage project timelines and outcomes for projects with considerable implementation risk
- Infrastructure technologies or similar platforms; such as Microsoft Windows Server, RedHat Linux, Palo Alto Firewall, VMWare, Citrix, HP 3Par and Kaminariao K2 SAN, and Cisco Networking.
- Active Directory + GPO Modeling
- Security Infrastructure Design Modeling
- Virtual Infrastructure VDI and Microsoft RDS
- HP Proliant and StoreOnce servers
- Backup Solution Architecture and Veeam Backup
- Bachelor's degree in IT or a related technical field
- MCSE Certified
- HP/Azure/VMware certified Preferred not mandatory
AssetMark, Inc. is a leading strategic provider of groundbreaking investment and consulting solutions created to serve independent financial advisors and help them create great outcomes for their clients. Through a consistent program of engagement, education and community-building, AssetMark brings like-minded advisors together to share their ideas, experiences and solutions. This collaboration guides our development of investment, client relationship and practice management tools that advisors can tap to help clients achieve their investment objectives and life goals.
We are always seeking bright, creative, energetic individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. AssetMark is an innovative organization, delivering the best services in the industry. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive salaries, full benefits, and excellent opportunities for career growth. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. We also have regional offices in Chicago, IL, Phoenix, AZ, Encino, CA, and State College, PA. Become a part of our growing team today!
- Related Keywords:
- Senior Systems Engineer