RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for a key client in the Green Bay, Wisconsin (WI) area. After 6 months, this person would be evaluated for permanent hire.
Essential Job Functions:
- Will perform a variety of engineering tasks around system design, implementation, integration and optimization within a technology domain or line of business
- Utilize systems expertise and knowledge of software, hardware, networks, and/or storage to work across the business with architecture, application development, business analysts, DBAs, and infrastructure to evaluate business needs and design and manage end-to-end technical solutions
- Provide oversight, technical direction, and expertise to other technical members of project and support teams
- Leverage industry best practices to assess, design, test, approve, implement, and support new and existing multi-tier solutions and systems
- Provide expertise on assigned technology domain or assigned assets (to include interrelationships with other systems, applications and technology)
- Work with the business and across technology to analyze highly complex business requirements then manage the design or redesign of complex systems
- Advise on viability and feasibility of alternative approaches
- Execute and/or oversee the execution of the following: (1)create, maintain and archive low level design documents and detailed engineering specifications based upon business and user requirements, to include high availability design diagrams, scalability design diagrams, capacity models, logical and physical network diagrams, storage layout diagrams and disaster recovery documentation; and (2) write and/or revise operations documentation to include providing required input into operation support manuals and user guides as applicable
- Lead system design walkthroughs
- Oversee development and implementation of complex processes and procedures, including system additions and/or enhancements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or similar field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience Strong analytic skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements
- Solid understanding of business functional areas and management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.