Regional downtown Pittsburgh accounting firm seeks motivated Senior Tax Accountant with experience in public accounting.
Essential Functions & Primary Duties:
- Prepare and light review of tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Research tax issues and provide guidance to clients
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understanding clients’ goals and needs and servicing clients directly
- Strategizing with Partners/Directors regarding tax planning
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as tax research, tax returns, tax notices, work papers, etc.)
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- Three to six years of recent relevant public accounting tax preparation and/or review experience
- CPA certification or Master’s in Taxation preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated supervisory ability, operational and project management skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology