Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 66273BR Date posted 06/27/2018 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country US
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? If so, we want to hear from you! Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Senior Technical Expert in West Palm Beach, FL.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
As a senior technical leader in the Auxiliary Power (APU) and Small Expendable Propulsion Engine Group within Pratt & Whitney Military Engines engineering organization, you will report to the Chief of APU Engineering in West Palm Beach.
Candidates for this position are expected to have a background in Systems Analysis with strength in a range of disciplines including engine cycle analysis, compressor and turbine aerodynamic analysis and aircraft secondary power architecture. The following are specific high level responsibilities of the position:
- Conceptual Design of Military APUs and Small Attritable/Expendable Engines. Tasks include trade studies, preliminary conceptual layout, component aerodynamic flow-path layout, mechanical design and estimating target performance, size and weight of new and/or derivative engines.
- Generate and provide preliminary component performance maps to SEV. Work with performance engineers to develop preliminary engine cycle model and ratings to enable initial performance estimates for prospective customers.
- Work closely with Business Development. Support customer interactions and representing Pratt & Whitney at a senior technical level. Write technical responses to RFIs and review RFPs.
- Perform competitive analysis of other manufacturer's products.
- Participate in cross functional teams to develop conceptual architectures for military secondary power systems.
- Work with technology leaders to develop and execute technology development plans.
Qualification: To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- BS Engineering
- 10+ years' experience working with Propulsion (compressors, turbines, design analysis).
- US Citizenship due to program requirements
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Security Clearance
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace
- Technical Leader
- Hardware procurement/management experience with turbo machinery combined with system integration
- Thermal analysis and design
- System analysis and modeling
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- Security Clearance preferred
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Education: BS in Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.