We offer Pivotal Performance to customers that demand value, service and engineering excellence. Fulcrum is shaped by shared values, energy, mission focus, and a staff of committed experts. Fulcrum’s values are at the center of our organization, our culture, and our brand.
Pivotal Performance – the convergence of people, processes, and technology to create positive change and mission success. At Fulcrum, we bring people, processes, and technology together to help our customers succeed in their missions. Currently, Fulcrum provides expert solutions in Advanced Technology, Research and Development Services, Cyber Security, Intelligence Analysis and Operations, Healthcare, and Mission Systems to a variety of customers across the Federal Civilian, Intelligence, Department of Defense, and Healthcare sectors. We are seeking a Sr. Technical Writer to support our Department of Transportation Program.
Are you a strategic thinker who enjoys working on complex issues and are you looking to use your skills and talents to support dynamic customers with challenging missions? Then we would like to talk to you about working on tomorrow’s challenges today.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Enforcement Program Requires professional technical support to assist operations and business processes.
- The key enforcement program offices are the Office of Vehicle Safety Compliance (OVSC) and the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI).
- The program is highly collaborative and seeks candidates that work well in team environments as well as independently.
- The program is seeking a senior technical writer that specializes in the development of materials that document work methods and procedures using graphic design/publishing applications.
- The successful candidate will be versatile, detail-oriented and possess strong organizational and project coordination skills, and embrace learning new technologies and skills to provide the best project outcome.
- The program offers professional development opportunities and the ability to work from home one day per week.
- Experience editing and preparing technical documents, standard operating procedures, flow diagrams is required.
- Experience translating technical language into user-friendly documents.
- Advanced PC skills with word processing, desktop publishing, flow diagrams, graphic design, HTML, and web development tools.
- Ability to develop, writes, and/or edit material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods, procedures, as well as installation, operation, and maintenance of software applications.
- Proficiency in the use of the following tools:
- Ability to design and generate web-based/interactive surveys, interactive pdf forms, and HTML documents.
- Collaborate with users, clients, team members and co-workers to collect information to produce an annual Project Plan report for contracted staff of 40.
- Writes, edits and maintain revisions of over 20 Standard Operating Procedures documents, including flowcharts or illustrations, for use as reference or training guides.
- Archives and maintains created documentation and other resource information on SharePoint website.
- Experience editing or standardizing materials prepared by other writers; incorporates design and layout techniques to enhance or illustrate material.
- Interviews and /or works with production staff and engineering personnel to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Ability to assists users with formatting and application use problems.
- Experience gathering, reviewing, and analyzing materials and provide revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and distribution in collaboration with project managers, and technical staff.
- Able to define user needs, preferences, and behaviors and Implement user-centered documentation.
- Advanced experience in creating design mockups, wireframes, storyboards, user-flows, prototypes to meet user needs, with user feedback; (Special projects)
Must have Bachelors degree
Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Fulcrum is an information technology (IT) company based in Centreville, Virginia, that provides IT solutions and services for federal, state, local, and commercial customers. Fulcrum specializes in the areas of Technology Services, Cyber Security, Intelligence, Analysis & Operations, Missions Systems, Health Care and Human Capital.
Fulcrum is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
“CJ” *MON* #Dice