(Senior) Test Engineer
As our experienced (Senior) Test Engineer you will participate in the complete development process from requirements to acceptance; review and provide input for requirements, reviewing of the software specs, create test designs, write specifications, analyze and interpret results, problem reports and change requests. You’ll do this for our soft real-time environment where motion control, pick-and-place processes, image acquisition and processing, (object) recognition and processing are coordinated.
You’ll be part of a team of experienced testers that work closely with our software developers. You’ll write test designs covering the requirements and the test specifications and execute system tests
according to these test designs.
You’ll advise the roll-out team if new software and hardware are ready for testing at our customer sites and support other departments with analyzing problems or give demonstrations. Also, you'll study new test techniques, methods and tools and make recommendations with respect to their usage. You remain pragmatic and willing to discuss what will really help the customer/developer.
To be successful in this challenging job, you’ll need to have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Informatics or a related area and ISTQB Foundation or Advanced level knowledge of Test Engineering. You bring at least 5 years of proven test experience, solid knowledge of test processes and techniques, preferably in a (motion) control multidisciplinary software and hardware environment. Besides this, you should have a strong affinity with software development.
Of course, you are a communicative and disciplined team worker that deals effectively with ad-hoc changes in priorities or planning and can handle multiple tasks simultaneously. You’re willing to travel occasionally and don’t have a “9 to 5” mentality.
Your main responsibilities will be
- Building detailed technical domain knowledge
- Organizing FMEA’s and reviews
- Co-specifying and reviewing (test) requirements
- Performing system tests
- Implementing auto testing / coverage testing
- Being a sparring partner for the Test Competence Owner
- Contributing to test process improvements
Your knowledge and experience
- At least 5 years of software test experience, preferably with mechatronics systems
- An ISTQB certification at foundation or advanced level
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Informatics or related is preferred
- Experienced with Risk Based Testing and Agile testing
- Experience in all phases of the development process
Kulicke & Soffa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.