Company SummaryJoin our team! First American's National Production Services division provides global title and escrow production support across all channels within First American Title including the Mortgage Services, Commercial, Direct, and Agency divisions. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
FIRST AMERICAN HAS WHAT YOU'RE SEEKING FOR REMOTE WORK IN ALL REGIONS, SO COME EXPERIENCE THE DYNAMIC OF WORKING AT ONE OF FORTUNE'S 100 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR!
In this role, you will search public records and examine titles to determine legal condition of property title, primarily for residential properties in addition to copy or summarize recorded documents, which affect the condition of title to the property. The actual workflow is typically determined by geographic practices. In some cases, the Senior Title Examiner role gathers information and creates a commitment of title before passing along to a Title Officer.
* This is a remote position where you will work independently and use experience to examine title to real property, ranging in complexity, to determine status and establish chain of title.
In this role you will...
- Perform title examination and examine the chain of title for a wide range of title orders, primarily residential
- Abstract and analyze records, such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plat and map books, to determine ownership and legal restrictions and to verify legal description of property and completeness of records
- Provide guidance to team members less experienced
- Resolve most issues such as missing information, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation
- Prepare initial title commitment documentation based on the application of procedural guidelines
- Prepare and reviews reports for accuracy
- Provide underwriting interpretation within established guidelines
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used/Requirements
- Detail / quality and customer orientation
- Able to read and decipher legal descriptions relating to title orders
- Analytical review skills with research and investigative skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of industry and company operating systems, tools and applications
- Standard MS skill set
- Multiple state licenses (as required by state) in order to do business in a broad geographic area
- Knowledge of legal terms used in title documents
- High School diploma or equivalent - 5+ years directly related experience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.