Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional Senior Tool Design Engineer opportunity at our global headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members.
Join a highly skilled, knowledgeable, and cohesive team focused on designing a broad range of tooling including progressive dies, molds, fineblank dies, and supporting components for onsite and global manufacturing operations. Design jigs and fixtures for production and experimental use. Study specifications and confer with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design challenges related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and costs of tooling.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Design and detail a broad range of tooling, including progressive dies, injection molds, and gauges
· Plan, conduct research, and implement engineering assignments involving one or more medium impact and medium complexity tooling or blanking process projects
· Work on miscellaneous tooling or blanking process problems dealing with production down time, loss of or low efficiency, or quality deviations
· Identify and review technological sources of information and make recommendations on potential research projects with regard to tooling and/or blanking processes for the division/product line
· Create and maintain BOMs, prints and other technical documentation necessary to manufacture and operate tooling
· Participate in design reviews, and project coordination and critique
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of tooling and blanking processes to reduce production down time, improve efficiency, and reduce quality deviations.
· Interact with marketing, accounting, purchasing, manufacturing, product design and suppliers/customers, conveying information clearly and effectively through formal and informal documents
· Support other Engineers on significant projects.
· B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
· 5 or more years of experience in tool design and background in build, stamping, and blanking to include progressive die design, injection molds and gauges required
· Proficiency in SolidWorks 3-D modeling
· Knowledge of GD&T dimensioning
· Current with die/mold maintenance procedures and practices
· Experience with developing new tooling designs or major design upgrades for various types of tooling
· Familiar with Logopress and SAP
· Understanding of prototype tooling, cold forming and conceptual understanding of the design of manufacturing equipment or other machine tools
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts and information in non-technical terms
· The ability to work independently with little supervision while being a cohesive member of the team
· Exceptional organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills are essential
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Available to work on site as required by job, eligible for domestic and international travel, approximately 10% travel
Relocation assistance is available for those outside of the Portland Metro area.
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount’s global manufacturing and distribution footprint includes manufacturing, sales, and distribution facilities in the United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil, China, and Europe. Blount offers products under the brand names OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, KOX, SpeeCo®, ICS®, and Pentruder.
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.