Ciber Global is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Tools Engineer in the Seattle, WA or Burbank, CA area.
The Watch Platform at the client puts content in the hands of millions of users who want to watch full episodes, or watch the live streams anytime, anywhere. Users can enjoy their favorite shows from multiple TV networks, live events, sports, news and weather.
The Systems Engineering group is responsible for the core engineering, systems architecture, and technical operations of the Watch platforms The team is responsible for the design, build and development of large scale, resilient platforms and systems that encompass the all of our products and services.
We collaborate closely with development teams and technical teams to provide these robust, distributed and performant solutions to achieve business goals. Solutions can consist of client proprietary software and services, commercial software, services as well as open source software.
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for planning and engineering of our cloud systems architecture, application delivery, platform configuration management, systems automation, systems tool development and operationalizing the Watch infrastructure globally. These are large, complex application environments that are highly scalable, resilient, secure, reliable and high performing to support the millions of users we support on a daily basis.
The Sr. Tools Engineer works as part of this Platform team and is responsible for designing and developing the components and platform solutions that help enable our internal and cloud application environments to be a scalable, dynamic and reliable platforms for use by Systems Engineers, development teams and our Guests.
Primary responsibilities include evaluation, design, implementation and support for components or solutions developed internally, developed by the open source community, or developed by third parties which are designed to service Internet based applications or environments. This includes custom software implementation, data model design, network and systems design, performance and process improvement, systems automation and documentation.
This position is also responsible for planning and executing small-to-medium scale projects within the Platform Engineering team. Typical projects would include new business unit initiatives and updates to existing products and services that require planning, incredible attention to detail, and flawless execution.
The ideal candidate would be proficient in Python or Ruby or GoLang and is also proficient in the operational support for Java applications. An ideal candidate also has a strong working knowledge of cloud and IT infrastructure. Experience writing code to automate infrastructure tasks is not necessary but considered valuable. Expertise implementing and maintaining enterprise configuration management solutions such as Chef or Puppet are also desirable.
- 5-8 years of experience supporting and/or developing backend applications, tools or services
- Experience automating infrastructure and applications in Cloud environments
- Intermediate skills in Ruby, Perl, Python or other programming languages
- Proficiency in Java or other Object Oriented languages like GoLang
- Experience with software development lifecycle principals
- Experience integrating REST-based APIs
- Experience with Continuous Deployment mechanisms and integration tools
- Experience working with VCS like GitLab, GitHub, etc
- Experience in load profiling and test automation
- Experience in configuring, deploying, and supporting web server platforms including but not limited to Tomcat, Apache, NodeJS
- Detailed knowledge of core Internet protocols (HTTP/HTTPS, DNS)
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, SSH), IP communication, packet structure, and troubleshooting.
- Exposure to configuration management frameworks such as Ansible, Chef
- Exposure to AWS CloudFormation or Hashicorp Terraform
- Exposure to Container platforms
- Working knowledge Agile/Lean methodologies
- 8 years or more of experience supporting and/or developing internet-based applications, products or services
- Experience developing Cloud-based solutions and architecture
- Experience with Cloud Formation and/or Terraform for cloud provisioning
- Advanced Python, GoLang, Ruby or other scripting language skills
- Intermediate to advanced Object Oriented Programming skills
- Experience developing REST APIs as well as implementation is desirable
- Experience working with Linux Containers
- Experience with NoSQL data stores like Mongo, Cassandra
- Exposure to configuration and management
- Expertise with VCS like GitLab, GitHub, etc
- Expertise in Continuous Deployment mechanisms and integration tools
- Experience working in a DevOps capacity, with Agile methodologies
- Experience in monitoring platforms such as Sensu, Zenoss, Nagios
- Experience managing site content and configuration via CDN providers
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation and/or drug screen.
Ciber Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Keep discovering! Click here.
Ciber Global is an IT consulting company who partners with organizations to develop technology strategies and solutions that deliver tangible business value. Founded in 1974, Ciber is an HTC Global Services company. For more information, visit www.Ciber.com.