We offer Pivotal Performance to customers that demand value, service and engineering excellence. Fulcrum is shaped by shared values, energy, mission focus, and a staff of committed experts. Fulcrum’s values are at the center of our organization, our culture, and our brand.
Pivotal Performance – the convergence of people, processes, and technology to create positive change and mission success. At Fulcrum, we bring people, processes, and technology together to help our customers succeed in their missions. Currently, Fulcrum provides expert solutions in Advanced Technology, Research and Development Services, Cyber Security, Intelligence Analysis and Operations, Healthcare, and Mission Systems to a variety of customers across the Federal Civilian, Intelligence, Department of Defense, and Healthcare sectors. We are seeking a (Senior UI/UX Designer) to support our customer.
Working as part of an educational assessment program and within the user experience (UX) team, the candidate for this position will effectively combine analytical thinking, interaction and visual UI design. A successful candidate will also implement user-centered design methodologies for websites, web applications, and other interactive elements.
The ideal candidate will be bright, imaginative, and innovative, with creative, critical thinking, problem solving abilities, and a solid grasp of UX principles. The candidate will also have strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills. It is expected that the candidate will be a proactive member of the UX team, and use initiative to work with team members to achieve optimal solutions in a dynamic environment.
The UX designer will participate in numerous stages of the UX process and must be a strong advocate for targeted users and their needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze existing interfaces and identify usability problems make recommendations for improvements based upon best UX practices and principles.
- Using best practices in usability and accessibility, the candidate will create new user interfaces and websites that provide both appropriate design deliverables and accurately convey the design intent (sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, annotated specifications, etc).
- Work efficiently with UX researchers in order to translate user data into simple, usable and effective solutions
- Work with team members and stakeholders to identify user goals and project requirements. Then be able to translate them into functional, clean, visually appealing, and intuitive interface solutions.
- Ensure there is clarity between design and development, and provide clear design guidance to software engineers for implementation.
- Create visual assets and content for a variety of web and digital applications including:icons, images, infographics, menus, charts, dashboards, etc.
- Understand and effectively apply usability best practices, Section 508 compliance, accessibility, and be able to apply branding guidelines.
- Deliver high quality work while balancing priorities having competing requirements, with efficient time management and reporting.
- Create graphics and multimedia content for digital, web and print media.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an UX designer, interaction designer, UX researcher, visual designer or similar background with a solid understanding of usability and user-centered design
- Strong conceptual design skills and ability to see “the big picture” within multiple variables in complex software systems.
- Detail-oriented skills, with a critical eye to incorporate effective solutions and engaging visual experiences.
- Skills in prototyping and wireframing, with the ability to provide clear annotation on interactions and design (Axure RP, InVision).
- Fluent with design tools, especially the Adobe Creative Suite or similar.
- Experience with and understanding of design layouts, color theory, and typography.
- Have excellent organization and communication skills, with the ability to work productively within a team, and individual environments.
- Understanding and ability to work in an iterative design setting in compliance with agile methodologies.
- Ability to provide time estimates, manage multiple tasks, prioritize work, and work efficiently under deadline pressure.
- Recognize design problems and optimal approaches. You will need to be able to choose the right activity and tool at the right time, and demonstrate flexibility in your approach.
- Be able to receive and provide art direction through design sessions with other team members.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to accept and provide constructive, creative criticism on designs.
- Proven history of successful design, integration, and delivery of projects on-time.
- Provide mentorship to less experienced team members and contribute to the team’s growth.
- Experience and proficiency with user interviews, contextual inquiry, and usability testing.
- Fluent with motion graphics and video editing tools including: Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Edge, Captivate etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design or development related field
- Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Fulcrum is an information technology (IT) company based in Centreville, Virginia, that provides IT solutions and services for federal, state, local, and commercial customers. Fulcrum specializes in the areas of Technology Services, Cyber Security, Intelligence, Analysis & Operations, Missions Systems, Health Care and Human Capital.
Fulcrum is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability