The Senior Unified Communications Engineer is responsible to define, architect, implement and integrate UC solutions for the Americas. The role is a hands-on senior level position. The individual should be capable of assisting the team, have and demonstrate the core competencies identified below, and lead by example. In addition to project work, the Senior UC Engineer sets the technical direction for Cisco voice, video and unified communications services, participates in analysis and diagnosis of highly complex voice and video networking issues, and plans and executes voice, video, and collaboration upgrade and migration activity.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Unified Communications projects for the enterprise's voice and telephony within the Americas
- Defines design requirements and articulates the designed solution to the business or stake holders
- Work parallel with Project Leaders, Coordinators, and Management in developing and delivering project documentation and UC trainings as per the defined project deliverables.
- Integrate with a Team to participate and when needed, lead the execution of complex multi technology projects
- Develop the strategy for defining, deploying, and maintaining voice services with regards to the Unified Communications architecture.
- Design, engineer, and deploy a reliable and robust Unified Communications architecture and platform.
- Ensure systems are deployed technically correct and ready for hand-over to Operations
- Prepare technical and architecture designs that detail the proposed UC technologies and their integration into the enterprise.
- Support the enterprise UC vision deliverables by implementing viable technologies, ensuring compatibility with the existing environment, and acting as a technical resource for peers and managers.
- Research and remain current on emerging Unified Communications technologies, products, services, protocols, and standards that are directly in line with the UC vision, business needs, and requirements.
- Ensure integration compatibility of new UC systems with enterprise LANs, WANs and Internet-based services and protocols.
- Plan for management or phasing out of legacy telephony systems and other switch based technologies.
- Support telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, and interactive voice response, and respond to issue escalation and service interruption as a confident technical leader .
- Assume technical leadership role in problem resolution and root cause analysis, and provide actionable after-incident analysis to ensure root cause issues are logged and remediated.
- Maintain effective external relationships with UC vendors, consultants, and service providers. Leverage these relationships to ensure that the best fit solutions and resources are available to the enterprise. Where necessary, work with solution vendors during installations and deployments.
- Assists with resolution of escalated incidents and participates in problem management activities. Cross-trains other IT staff in the use or maintenance of technology
- Provides technical guidance, training, knowledge transfer, knowledge articles, oversight and direction
- Develops policies, procedures, programs, or scripts as required
- Provides administrative functions including the development and enforcement of procedural & technical documentation, IT policy recommendations, & security initiatives
- Advises IT Operation Team and the IT Support Center of performance issues and resolutions
- Mentors and serve as a technical onboarding resource for the Operations Team.
- Provides reports as defined by business needs and the Risk and Compliance Organization
- Be available during non-scheduled hours either remotely or on-site as business needs require
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Typically Requires:
- Requires 4-year college degree in Computer Science, Telecom, Engineering or related area. CCNP Collaboration desired
- Extensive experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection/ Unity in enterprise deployments, including bulk administration, provisioning and management of endpoints and user accounts in large-scale systems.
- Minimum of 7 years of IT experience, 5 years of experience supporting, upgrading, and trouble-shooting Cisco Unified Communications Manager infrastructure
- 5 years of experience supporting and trouble-shooting issues with Cisco Jabber and Jabber Mobile clients; web technology integration with Cisco TelePresence endpoints; and configuring TelePresence endpoints
- 5 years of experience working with Cisco technologies, managing Cisco TAC cases, and using the Cisco web site to download software updates and research and trouble-shoot issues
- 5 years of experience with change management methodologies and IT Service management
- Experience with Microsoft Skype for Business Online, and Microsoft Teams
- Solid experience with SIP, H.323, SCCP, digital PRI/T1, analog FXO/FXS, Cisco Unified, PRIs/T1, G711, G729, MPLS and etc.
- Experience with the following platforms, Cisco and Avaya
- Solid experience with Session Boarder Gateways
- Solid experience with traditional PBX and voicemail system integration to a UC environment.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in dial plan designs and implementation.
- Solid experience with IP routing/switching and QoS.
- Experience with Microsoft Server, Active Directory and virtualization, specifically VMware, Hyper-V and Cisco UCS servers.
- Experience with video solutions including but not limited to Cisco
- Experience with voice carrier systems such as Verizon, XO and Sprint
- A strong desire to learn and adopt cloud collaboration services.
- Strong written, oral and listening skills. Solid critical thinking skills. Adept at presenting to audiences ranging from technical staff to executive management
- Strong organizational skills and technical acumen, ability to work independently
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.