Responsible for completing specific warehouse duties on a regular basis
Position requires ability to perform all warehouse tasks including shipping, receiving, order filling, loading and unloading trucks. Must be able to efficiently operate powered and non-powered material handling and dock equipment. Position can be labor intensive. Adheres to all OSHA standards in performance of duties.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- RECEIVING functions include unloading all incoming freight from carriers, freight companies, delivery trucks etc...
- Ensures all product received is thoroughly checked and inspected according to quality and quantity guidelines
- Verifies all paperwork is accurate and completes and signs all paperwork and accepts product delivered *
- Controls all receiving documentation up to and can include the actual data entry with scanners, or desktop PC's
- Documents and communicates any and all discrepancies to Team Lead or Supervisor
- STOCKING functions include the product put away of inbound receipts as well as relocating product within warehouse storage areas
- Ensures all product is accurately tracked to a storage rack/shelve/bin/bulk location
- Ensures all product movement is recorded on paperwork or is updated and completed using scanners within the warehouse management system
- Can use directed put away reports or completes the physical cutaways into locations as directed
- ORDER PULLING functions include the accurate selection of product from warehouse locations to complete customer orders
- Ensures all product descriptions and quantities match the information on the order
- Meets appropriate productivity /quality standards relative to job responsibility as outlined by manager
- Completes and controls all paperwork per established process or updates and completes tasks using scanners within the warehouse management system
- SHIPPING functions include completing all activities needed to prepare and finalize any and all order types for internal and external customers
- Ensures all shipments are processed and controlled using manifest systems or other shipping controls
- Packs shipments to ensure minimal damage during transit
- Palletize and Loads product onto carriers trucks, freight companies, delivery trucks etc...
- Responsible for the safe operation and use of any material handling or dock equipment i.e., forklift, pallet
- Performs other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- High school diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Minimum two years warehouse experience or one year company experience is required.
- Must have adequate reading and math skill and ability to write legibly
- Must be physically able to perform assigned tasks including walking, standing, bending, and reaching for extended periods of time and ability to lift up to 100lbs